Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5/19 - From Vancouver to Vancouver Island

Today was a traveling day. We made the journey from our hotel in Vancouver to our beautiful rental house near Victoria! What did people do before VRBO.com? We had to make a stop on Granville Island to pick up some fresh pastry and produce - especially the carrot muffin for Mom. We took the scenic route down to the ferry terminal and boarded the biggest ferry that I have ever been on, I believe it fit 208 cars and I didn't see the number for the trucks and people.... While waiting in line we called to check in on our puppies, only to find out that we had the biggest wuss. She was too afraid of the big dogs so they had to put her in with the lil ones ;o( our poor baby!!! I mean the big dogs were too afraid of her... yeah right... anyway...
Once on Vancouver Island we let Heidi (our GPS) show us the way to our home for the next four days on SeaPearl Place. This house is absolutely fantastic and the area is just breathtaking. We didn't really do much for the rest of the day. We made a wonderful dinner at home and went for a nice hike to the beach. We managed to get lil lost so our small hike that I promised Lucka has turned into an hour plus scramble through the surrounding areas. Where was Heidi when we needed her!!!
This whole island is so very beautiful I could see myself living here. Both Lucka & I
were saying how much the climate reminds us of our home! Everything is so green and lush and fresh... ahh.. miss that in Cali! Oh this is the view from our living room.

No comments: