Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5/20 - Victoria Day

For whatever reason I was actually awake before Chris and all I could think about ever since I woke up was how much I wanted to go for a bike ride and explore this unbelievable area. Luckily, maybe by the sole strength of my willpower or maybe due to lil probing and poking Chris woke up not too long after me. :o) It didn't take much convincing to get him to agree to go for a bike ride, especially after his father told us how beautiful it was when he went for his bike ride at 5:30 this very morning... oy... thought I was an early one at 7:30.
This area is filled with bike/running paths that will take you just about anywhere. We opted for the one towards Victoria and we were not disappointed. Although I was surprised how many people actually use their bikes for commuting.
Once we cleaned up after our bike ride and got everyone on the same page we took the scenic route to Victoria (this time by car). Prior to our arrival within the downtown we managed to see beautiful neighborhoods, several gardens, beaches... and even a castle!
The downtown itself was breathtaking. I felt like I have crossed the ocean and end up in England! The vibe of the town was so great. People everywhere, everybody happy... I guess it also helped that they had one of their first non rainy days in a while and we were lucky to be enjoying it! We walked around all of the main attractions ... and of course we had to stop in an outside cafe for a bottle of wine and lil relax time after such a hard day of vacationing... it does tire one out!!!
On the way home we stopped by a fish market and picked up a fresh halibut that Chris bbqed for us on our balcony. Tomorrow we are off to Butchard Gardens to celebrate parents' 42 anniversary.. and in a lil part my name's day... can't wait!

No comments: