Thursday, September 4, 2008

He finally made me do it!!

What is it that he made me do you ask?.... get the citizenship of this country. I know, strangely worded but... part of the agreement was that even though I am a citizen now I don't have to be an American. :o) (Yes, I am strange... but that's just how it is). So now I am Czech with an American citizenship. For better or worse... at least now they can't deport me for a DUI. I can hardly believe that it has been over ten years now since I've arrived in California. Wow, time does fly.
My friend Natalka end up getting her citizenship on the same day that I did so it was very nice to have a friendly face in the crowd. There was about 1500 of us... and about 80% of that were either Chinese or Mexican. I know... didn't see that one coming huh?
After the ceremony Chris took his parents and I for a wonderful brunch in Ritz just down the street. The weather couldn't have been better.

No comments: