Tuesday, January 27, 2009

End of Our Trip

Ok it is time to finally finish my recount of our vacation and move on to the present time.
We finished our last day in Belize with a wonderful dive. I was
lil nervous once we got out there past the reef into the open sea and I was told that we were going to go to 80+ feet. The deepest I have ever gone was 35ft.... oops... at that moment I knew I had only two options - 1) stay in the boat and for sure puke myself as the waves were huge or 2) go down and take my chances and pray that I will do fine. Chris didn't seem all too sure which one I was going to choose but was relieved that I went in. I immediately started going under as it is much calmer down there and once I looked around I was instantly at ease. It was so surreal. The depth made everything seem ... I don't know... I guess like we were in space... everywhere you look you have people floating midair or so it seams and the depth of it all.... it was just amazing! I loved it.... but I still couldn't believe that I am ok! Especially once I saw that we were at 86ft....
I was one of the first to go up as I used up my air rather quickly but I was also the last to go back in the boat as I didn't want to empty my stomach. I was very happy that we didn't partake in the puke fest that was going on on board.
Once refreshed and rested we went for a fantastic bike ride around the island and were rewarded by beautiful sunset.
Our stay was fantastic... but we were ready to go see our family - especially our pup.

No comments: