Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

What did we not manage to do? Our long weekend started on Thursday by having our friends over for dinner. It has been a while since we had everyone over so it was nice to see all and catch up. We also placed bet on when Heather would fall asleep... and hey... I won... I put 10 but 9:58 marked the spot.

We wanted to go wine tasting on Friday but instead we spent the morning searching for Chris' wallet that end up showing up in Erinn's car, she thought it was Rob' and took it with her when they left our house on Thursday. Once that was all sorted out we headed up to Petaluma for a bike ride. It was absolutely stunning. There were no cars and the views were spectacular (thank you Tom for recommending this one). I also realized that 26 miles is for now my limit. We have to work on that if I want to do the ride in May (40 or 60? not sure yet).

We got home, took the dog out, worked on the yard, and drove down to Muir Beach to meet up with a group for full moon hike, picnic and bon fire on the beach thereafter. We had a great time! We started in Pelican Inn with a group of 25-30 and hiked for an hour under the moon light, set down on the top to enjoy our dinner and bottle of wine and hiked down to the beach where the bon fire was already waiting. We couldn't have wished for a better weather! I am sure we will do this hike again. I believe we got home after midnight.

Poor Chris had to go to work the following morning. I had the best intentions of going to kickboxing but that didn't happen and instead I met up with my friend Kamila for lunch. After that I attempted to get into Easter mood by coloring eggs with my sister and my niece an that was lot's of fun. And to finish the day off I played tennis with Erinn. I am still hurting from that one. :o)

We took it easy on Sunday cause we both needed it. Chris went for a run with Zoe and than we did lil work around the yard and got ready for his parents. They came in the afternoon and we had a wonderful lunch/dinner and enjoyed the afternoon together.

Uff... now I am back to work hoping for a lil rest :o)

1 comment:

Martin said...

Hey Moni, I think its awesome that you are keeping up with this blog. The enthusiasm might go down after while but it will be so awesome to sit down when you 60 and read it all over again. Its good to remind yourself that it is not so bad no matter how bad it might seem. lots of hugs and loves...say hello to everyone from me - miss you all